We receive compensations from partners
Affiliate Disclosure

Please keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click external links that you can encounter on Real Mail Order Bride. However, this procedure does not affect you as users: it is absolutely costless for our readers and they are never charged any extra payments while clicking the links. Please note that we really appreciate the level of credibility from our readers and vouch for the quality of the websites that we advise to check out here. Affiliate programs in no case influence our reviews and comparisons. All the scores ant ratings of the websites you see at realmailorderbride.com are personal estimations of our team.

Read more

How to Make a Visa for Your Mail-Order Bride?

Latest update: Nov 14, 2018 4776

The first step to getting your soon to be wife into the country is filing a petition, specifically the I-129F Form, with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This can be done in any office nearby you that has the proper jurisdiction. Once that is done, the USCIS will ask you to prove several facts, such as if you and your fiancée are single, whether you are a legitimate citizen of the United States, and if you were previously married, a proof that the marriage was terminated. Lastly, you must prove that there is a legitimate relationship between you and your future wife.

RELATED: Top 15 Countries to Find a Mail-Order Bride

Background check

Applying for a K-1 visa is not a guarantee that you will get it. The USCIS is known to reject many applications for a number of good reasons. To improve your chances with them, make sure your mail-order bride does not have any criminal record or some kind of shady questionable background that will raise a lot of questions and unwanted attention. Here are some of the reasons for which a K-1 is almost guaranteed to be denied: drug addictions, criminal records, various mental and physical disorders, communicable diseases. Additional reasons not to give out a visa would include your fiancée entering the United States illegally, being ineligible for citizenship, or being deemed likely to become a public charge.


Is the relationship legitimate?

The USCIS will want some kind of proof that you have met with your future wife during the 2 years that are before you filling out the petition. For proof the USCIS considers boarding passes for the plane, stamps in the passport, or itineraries. If a face-to-face meeting did not take place yet, as this may violate some of your fiancée’s home country traditions, you can prove your point by presenting your phone bills, emails, or perhaps even postmarked letters.

RELATED: Safe Dating Guide from Relationship Experts


Once approved, the USCIS forwards the petition to the American consular in your bride's home country. This is where you may have to do some waiting, as it can take up to 1-3 months. If all is good and everything gets approved, your bride will have to send in all the necessary paperwork for her K-1. The documents are the same as for a standard visa. Additionally, a background investigation will be conducted by an office as well organizing an interview to verify the relationship by finding out how you met and what your marriage plans are. When approved, a fee is paid, after which a sealed envelope is given out with a copy of the petition and other necessary paperwork. It is to be presented at the United States port of entry.

Bride arrival

Once your bride enters the country, you have a deadline of 90 days to hold your wedding and marry her. There can be no extensions to this rule. If you fail to do so, you can count on her being deported back home. Also, if your bride chooses to leave the country before marriage for whichever reason, she will have to reapply for a new visa.

RELATED: How to Meet Your Bride in Real Life



Once the two of you marry each other, you have to apply for an Adjustment of Status, Form I-485, for your new wife to become a permanent resident. If you plan on traveling outside of the country and reentering it before receiving a green card, you must apply for advance parole. It may take up to a year if not more until she is interviewed for her green card. After two years, during which she was still "conditional", she can apply and be recognized as a permanent resident. All of these steps are mandatory for her to become a naturalized American.


Related articles

Left a comment
Do you want us to pick the most suitable woman for you?
Looking for most suitable woman?